Sunday, June 15, 2008

You know I do Karate - because of all that limping

A weapon of mass destruction


A number of students at the Kyokushin dojo I go to are preparing for an upcoming full-contact tournament, and I had the privilege of being their bare-knuckled punching bag.
One woman kept apologizing to me after giving me numerous punching combinations to my solar-plexus.
'Sorry' - Bam.
'Oh, sorry about this' - Bam Bam.
'Does it hurt?' BAM BAM BAM.

Our instructor asked me to keep my arms raised so that she could get used to punching somebody with force, and it would be good conditioning for me. I have the bruises across my rib-cage to prove the beating.

The funny thing is, the most painful injury I had while limping around at work the next day was my right foot. I couldn't bend my toes because of the bruising across the top of my foot.

Hmmm.
'Conditioning.'
Is that what they call it?

No comments: